Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Awkward lunches & Flu kits

Oh. My. Goodness.

So I'm sitting in my as usal boring sociology class, texting literally 5 or 6 people at once to hopefully make the time go by quicker. The time is 1:00..that means 45 minutes until I can finally leave and get something to eat! Because Lord knows I can't skip a meal. Well I'm so excited because I think Jessica can go get food with me at the HUC. Well..unfortunately her class starts when mine ends so I had to eat lunch by myself today. Which normally isn't a big deal, I actually enjoy eating by myself as loser-ish as that sounds because I highly enjoy the peace and quiet. That is until today.

So I make the decison of Taco Bell over Chik fila for once, mainly because the line for Chik Fila was way to long, and my lazy self did not want to stand in line. So anywho, I get my food and then the worst part comes...looking for a spot to sit. It's like a typical restaurant or fast food place. You have tables that seat up to 6 people, 4 people and then the few tables that only seat 2. Which considering the fact I'm eating by myself (which I am just sooo excited about) a 2 person table is the best choice for me. Well. There were none left.

I'm like greattttt. So my next option is a 4 person table, hopefully there is one empty. Well..ding ding ding. There was a perfect spot sitting right infront of the window looking towards University Blvd. Which is very very enjoyble for losers like myself, because I can watch those stupid people that just love to test the brightly lit big red hand (which obviously means DO NOT WALK) vs. waiting till the white little pedestrian man appears so you safetly cross the street. This is always just so fun to watch because you always have those impatient wanna be dare devil pedestrians who test the brightly lit big red hand and also test the the cars driving DOWNTOWN I'm no rocket scientist..but that could be one of the dumbest ideas. Of all streets you test..you choose one of the busiest downtown. You decide to make it a foot race between yourself & the 99' celica driving 15 miles over the speed limit. Very smart.

Let's have a lesson before I continue.

WHITE LITTLE PEDESTRIAN MAN=WALK













RED HAND=DO NOTWALK



Regardless, it's always enjoyable to watch & I usually always laugh at one point or another.

Alrighty. So back to the story. The only thing that concerned me about this 4 person seat I'm stuck with is someone else also not having a spot to sit. So they see me, the only loser in there eating alone and since they are obvioulsy also loser-ish and alone they figure hey, let's make a party out of it, I'll sit by her. Wonderful..

I'm on my last taco (yes I got 3, judge me I dare you.) & what do you know. As soon as I open the wrapper, a 5'10, dark brown greasy hair, very scruffy facial hair & glasses guy walks up to the table and makes a motion towards the seat in front and to the left of me. I'm like great. I am sitting here, enjoying my people watching and I now have to endure an awkard lunch. So I nod and smile becuase me being the person I am, this guy could of probably walked up to me on the streets and said he needs my other kidney and I would of probably donated it to him right then and there.

So of course I'm not just gonna say no, I mean I am taking up a 4 person seat, there is enough room & If I was in his position I would of done the same. I give a half hearted smile and let him know he can sit there. So he sits down. He has chik fil a by the way. I keep to myself, finishing up my taco, still people watching & I feel him just staring at me. I swear 9 times I looked over at him and he was already looking at me with some weird smile on his face kind of like a "I'm memorizing your face so I can come follow you into your dorm later tonight and kill you." It was one of those smiles. Kind of like this one that William Defoe is giving, except this guy's mouth was closed, but his eyes and everything looked just like this.


So yeah, needless to say I am now inhaling my taco.

& this guy was eating his Chik Fila very odd. He had like 10000 napkins and with each little chicken nugget he had he would wipe off with the napkin then eat it. I don't know. I'm not one to judge because of all people commenting on pickyness of food, I am the worlds worst. So anywho, about 10 minutes has gone by, no talking between myself and the creepy guy, yet he is still giving me that weird stare. Finally I sip the rest of my coke, trying my hardest not too laugh at loud at the situation I have put myself in by choosing the 4 person table & I start packing up my stuff to leave. I get up, put my purse on my shoulder and slowly begin to make my way away from the table. Not knowing whether I should say bye to his guy, or just get the heck out of there. I settle on a head nod & I leave!

So..I think I am clear from this creep..but no. I am walking towards that intersection of university blvd, which is where from my seat I could watch people (remember this guy was sitting in front of me, so now that I am outside in front of the window his back is now towards me.) well I walk past the window and happen to glance inside & he is turned around..staring at me still!!! WTF???????

I hurry towards the crosswalk ,where the big red hand is shining brightly with a 10 seconds timer going off beside it, meaning I have 10 seconds to cross the street before I become one of those idiotic, impatient, wanna be daredevils I spoke of earlier.

Needless to say I will avoid a 4 person table at all costs next time.

Now, onto my next topic, I wasn't planning on writing about this but it was so funny I figured what the heck. I'm having a pretty random day so far..might as well add to it! Well after finally escaping my awkward lunch, I start making my way towards my dorm so I can finally relax..since I did stay up till 4 a.m talking to someone about some serious RANDOM stuff. Between our mutual love for Dawson's Creek & certain things that bother us, it was for sure an interesting convo :]

So I walk inside, and decide to check my mailbox, hoping for maybe a letter or a notice letting me know I have a package to pick up! Well my wish came true. Tucked inside was a purple sheet of paper telling me to come to the front desk to pick up my package. I walk up to the two ladies sitting down with a huge smile on my face & begin to say "I have a package to pick up" Well..I haven't really spoken to anyone in about a hour or so..and I have been sick with flu like symptoms for 4 days now. I am in the coughing stage, so I have been coughing non stop the past 24 hours. So in my raspy stuffed up sounding voice I tell them I have a package to pick up. The ladies were shocked at how I sounded! (46 people have left my housing complex with Swine Flu in the past 36 hours.) I told them I have been sick for a few days now, & I doubt it's Swine Flu because I have not been running a fever that high.

So one lady goes to get my package, and the other informs me that she has just the thing to cheer me up. I get excited thinking it's you know candy or maybe an encouraging card or letter. Nope. I was wrong.

So I sign the paper to get my package, and the other lady hands me the "kit". I take both back to my room and of course I first rip open the package to see a CD I have been looking forward to receiving for quite some time now & a very nice note attached with it that alone made my day worthwhile :]

I then go to open the "kit" & one by one I take the contents out.

First..a box of Kleenexes.

A mask. The kind doctors wear, or more importantly the kind you see foreigners wearing to protect from swine flu.

5 SANI-CLOTH Germicidal disposable wipes.

A mini pack of kleenex's

2 antimicrobial hand wipes

2 cough drops

a disposable thermometer

2 advil

A package of 8 gatorade powder packs (wtf...)

& last but not least. 2 flyers talking about the flu and swine flu.



Thank you for keeping me safe & well

<3

& in honor of my new DMB cd.

"Do you know what it is
To feel the light of love inside you?
And all the darkness falls away
If you feel the way I feel
Then believe we have the answer
I've been searching for tonight " - DMB

No comments:

Post a Comment