Saturday, September 12, 2009

My first one.

"So what, so I've got a smile on me, but it's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head" - John c. Mayer
I smile.
I smile on rainy days.
I smile to my professors when they are just so convinced they have this world figured out.
I smile when I'm listening to Mr.Mayer on my I-pod late at night.

I smile when I realized I aced a quiz or test that I felt like I was completely and utterly unprepared for.
I smile every single time I watch my Atlanta Braves pull of a win.

I smile when Hamlet (my stuffed animal pig) & my pink
plush blanket is intertwined throughout my body while I am sleeping.

I smile every single time I drive into the city of Atlanta .
I smile when I get my late night craving of Ben & Jerry's cake batter ice cream.
I smile when I go visit my mom, and my yellow
lab Lucy runs at the door when I walk in & she has the weirdest yet cutest grin I have EVER seen.
I smile when I leave my moms after only a few days of visiting, and Lucy precedes to bite the handle to my suitcase so I can't get out of the door....

I could go on and on about things that make me smile, but lately..I find myself actually
trying to smile. It no longer comes natural... & that is something I am trying to understand.

I've started a blog before, about a year or two ago & I usually quit after two or three posts. Maybe this time will be different!

No comments:

Post a Comment